Friday, March 23, 2012

GRAF #19 - Reaction Graf to Writing In-Class Essay

GRAF #19 - Reaction Graf to Writing In-Class Essay

Writing impromptu, with a time constraint, on a subject I didn’t choose was difficult.  I like time to think, to organize, to rewrite, to perfect, none of which was in abundant supply.  For myself, in the middle of my essay, I received a phone call telling of the unexpected death of a friend.  (I did write down the time and so kept to my one-hour limit) but the thought process was definitely broken.  Aside from that, my biggest problem was deciding the topic within the topic assigned, and then how to organize it into 3 parts, not including intro and outro.  If I had had more time, I might have chosen a different breakdown or even started over with a different topic.  The time factor kept me plodding through, hoping it would all make sense in the end.  Writing the outro was especially hurried because time was running out.  I would have liked to end less abruptly, but maybe it left the reader to continue the thought, and maybe that was a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. I wrote this graf right after writing the essay. Maybe if you had read it first, your reaction to the essay would have been different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my reaction to the writing would have changed whatever the circumstances leading up to the writing--I hope not anyway. All I ever have to go on is what's on the page. I've gone back to the first version, reread it and my comments, and, honestly, those comments then would still be my comments now.

    ReplyDelete