Tuesday, February 28, 2012

GRAF #'s 15 & 16 Reacton Grafs

GRAF #15

Meta Graf/Reaction Graf on Writing Cause Essay

In the process of thinking about writing a cause essay, I also thought about the resulting effect, since cause and effect obviously go together.  My church is very active in world-wide outreach and many have been on short-term missions, so I interviewed several of them.  I wanted to know what caused them to go and what effect their going had on them and on the people they ministered to.  Rachel’s story impressed me the most, maybe because she was a reluctant participant, only going because so many events fell into place, leading her to believe God really wanted her to go.  Or maybe it was because I could see such an obvious change in her after she returned from her trip.  Or maybe it was the stories she told me of the people she treated there, stories that didn’t fit in with my essay, but that touched my own heart.  Whatever it was, I really enjoyed hearing Rachel’s story and was pleased to be able to share her story with others.



Graf #16

Reaction to Sample Classification Essays

I was glad there were classification essay samples online, since I still had no idea what a classification essay was.  While some essays were nothing I would want to write about or read, others were well-written and interesting.  Seeing how these essays were written and the great variety of topics chosen has given me hope that I can come up with my own idea and write my own essay.  Now, to decide what that will be…

1 comment:

  1. I try to offer a variety of topics and styles for sample essays, something to appeal to many tastes.

    I enjoyed reading about your churchmember's missionary work.

    ReplyDelete