Saturday, February 18, 2012

GRAF #14 - Isearch Research Plan

GRAF #14
Isearch Research Plan
Since my topic is Alzheimer’s, I plan to do most of my research, if not all, on the internet.  I am expecting to find a wealth of valuable information there.  The problems I foresee are: more information than I need, maybe duplicates of similar information, sorting through it all, deciding what to include and what to leave out, and not enough time to do it all as well as I’d like to.  (I tend to get into my work and research, and my other classes and commitments also require my time and energy.)  I wasn’t planning to talk to anyone, unless that’s a requirement for an I-search, neither am I planning to do any experiments related to this subject; and though there are probably excellent websites on Alzheimer’s out there, I know from experience that each website adds a little something that another one leaves out, so I’m sure I’ll be able to use multiple sources for my project.  That, in a nutshell, is what I plan to do.

1 comment:

  1. Interviews not required.

    The problems you list are spot on, but knowing what they are is half the battle.

    I have a suggestion if you're interested. Once you've looked at all the reputable websites and found out what science has to say about this very disturbing and emotionally difficult condition--then for a bit of contrast, try the weirdo websites with the scams, cons, misinformation, myths, phony cures, and so on--all the sites that prey on people's fears. Sometimes you don't know what's true until you also know what's false.

    ReplyDelete