Friday, January 27, 2012

GRAF #6 Unique

Who am I?  Definitely food for thought…  Am I what I do?  What I think?  Where I live? How I look?  I guess the answer to all but the first question is yes.  Everything about me contributes to who I am.  And so, I am… a city-born, woods-living, old-time hippie who came to Maine long ago as part of the back-to-the-land movement.  “Do-it-yourself” was and is still the motto, from homebirths and homeschool, to homebuilding and homemaking.  I’m a mom who takes that job very seriously, though the kids are mostly “grown up” (as if anyone ever qualifies for that description.)  I love adventure and see all of life as such.    I’m active physically, teaching martial arts, digging in the garden, working on finishing my own house and renovating another, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors.  And I’m active mentally, learning, exploring, and delving into the unknown.  Loving people, and wanting to help others, I’m presently hoping to pursue a nursing degree.  With 4 cats, 2 dogs, 1 horse, and a few chickens, you could say that I like animals, too.  But who am I really… inside?  For that we must dig deeper, and that’s where faith and family reside.  To me, my faith in God and in Jesus Christ, is the most important part of me, and without that, nothing else matters.  He changed my life and made me who I am today.  Next is family, each of whom I love deeply, from my parents who are no longer with us, to those siblings I left behind when I moved to Maine, to my own little family here that is now spreading its wings and scattering to build new homes and new lives, of which I will still be a part.  Yet, all these things are still but little pieces of who I am.  Every thought, dream, desire, and experience continues to add to my description.  Those around me influence who I am and who I am becoming.  In fact… you, too, may be helping to shape me and my future.  Now isn’t that food for thought…

1 comment:

  1. Nice segue from the first half, the history and observable, to the second half, the inner story behind the outer story. And both halves each work effectively.

    ReplyDelete